Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Power of the Blood

I've been meditating Hebrews 9:14 and love what it is doing in my thinking. It reads," How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" Recently I was asked what was the remedy for man's need to perform, and I can clearly see it in this scripture. We must meditate on the scriptures and fellowship with Daddy God over them in order to get a true revelation of the power of the blood of Jesus.

Hebrews 9:14 makes it clear to us that we can only serve God with a clear conscience. If my conscience is purged from dead works, then I am free to serve God. I am not bound by some law to obey Him. I can just be free to love him because I am not concerned with his expectations. Why? Because He is looking at the blood and His Son in me. Without Him I can do nothing anyway. He is the Vine and I am the branch. If I stay connected to that vine, then it is the sap flowing through that vine (His power in me) that sustains me and causes the production of fruit.

Any work I can do on my own (in my flesh) is a dead work and not worthy of glory. On my own, I can do nothing. I am only capable of dead works, but in Him I can do all things. He is my strength, and His blood is strong enough to wash away even the memory of sin from my consciousness! When I tap into this divine revelation and let it carry me everywhere I go, in everything I do, I am free to truly serve the ONE I love, not with the sense of duty or fleshly pride, but with love and adoration for this God who has so freed me.

I love how it says that Christ offered himself (the Son) through the eternal Spirit (the Holy Spirit, which is Himself) to God  (the Father, Himself). This shows his supremacy. He cleansed us and purged our conscience Himself (the Godhead working as ONE). It was not our works, but His! He is all-sufficient!!! Why should I try or need to perform? God is good enough all by Himself!!!!

And we cannot forget the part of the scripture that says that He did it "without spot", that is, without fault or blame. If God is looking at His Son and only examining me in terms of the blood, then I can be sure that He finds no fault in me! I used to stumble at the scripture, Song of Solomon 4:7, that says, "You are all fair, my love; there is no spot in you." I couldn't understand how God could possibly find no spot, not one fault, in me when I could clearly see so many faults when I observed only briefly. As my husband often says, "That fellow in the mirror with the crust in his eyes, yes, God is going to use him." Ha, Ha, Ha! Now I understand that it's not my flesh that He's observing, but He's seeing my spirit purified with the blood of Jesus! Glory to God!!!

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness is by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Galatians 2:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment