Monday, October 26, 2009

Perfect Timing II

It was a bright and beautiful spring day, and I felt an excitement bubbling up in my soul. What was it? Life was already great. We had just left church. It was Resurrection Sunday. I couldn't shake the feeling that something good was about to happen. One of my biggest dreams was about to take shape.
Gazing into my mother's eyes, I leaned over and said, "God has already brought us together, but for some reason I feel like something even greater is about to happen." My mother and I had been separated for many years. I had been adopted, and both of us had cried many tears. Now we were together all the time, inseparable friends. God had shown Himself faithful, and the ploy that had kept us apart no longer had any power.
Now what could God possibly do to top this magnificent feat? My mom and stepdad left for an afternoon rendez-vous but promised to be back for dinner. The phone rang. It was my uncle with exciting news. "Your father contacted me today. He wants to know where you are. I wanted to call you before I gave him your number. Would it be alright if I gave him your phone number?"
My mind raced, my heart pounded with enthusiasm. Could it be that the man that I had searched for to no avail had actually found me? Could God be so big that he had simply looked down from His holy dwelling and pinpointed the exact location of my father for me? Most of all, could God be so compassionate that He had heard my cry and answered my prayer?
After speaking to my dad twice on the phone when I was twelve years old, We had lost contact. Now it had been ten years. On this lovely day as we remembered the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, God would resurrect a relationship in my life and give me another reason to celebrate.
Of course I said yes to my uncle's request, and by the time my mom had made it back, she walked through the door just in time to witness my father's phone call. Yes, just in time to see God's goodness! I am so grateful to God for His love toward His children. Some time later, I had the privaledge of introducing my earthly dad to our heavenly Daddy who had brought us together once again in His perfect timing. A year later my joy was complete when I saw my dad for the first time that I could remember in person.
My times are in thy hand... Oh how great is thy goodnes, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! Psalm 31:15,19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment